Edit 3/18: The deadline for the submission period has been extended to April 6, 2022. That means more time to create your entry for this amazing event for a chance to win some cool prizes (see below)! Good luck, and remember, have fun!
Do you like art? Do you like in-game art? Do you like creating art pieces on the Frankenline in Grounded that can end up raising money for charity? Then keep reading!
For Earth Day, Grounded is hosting the #FrankenArt Frankenline Contest! We are asking our community to hop on the Frankenline and create a masterpiece worthy of being printed on a shirt because it might do just that!
We will take the winning designs and print them on a shirt to sell in our store. From every sale made, we will donate part of the proceeds to a foundation that aligns with the values of the Grounded team.
Still need more convincing? It's free to enter! You can read the rules and details below to see how to enter and how you can get YOUR ART on a shirt!
- Single Person Team
- Two Person team
- Must use the in-game Frankenline to create your masterpiece
- Use photo mode to capture a screenshot of your design
- You are not allowed to alter your photo in any way with the exception of adding your Twitter handle to the image
- One entry per person/team is allowed
- That said, you can enter the single category by yourself and then also enter the two-person category with someone else if you would like
- You will only be able to win in one of the categories, you will not be able to win both
- Artwork must be family-friendly
- Design must be your own, original design, meaning portraying third-party copyrighted materials are not allowed
- Rule of thumb, if you have to ask if it is ok, it probably isn't ok
- All low effort designs and designs found to be lewd or inappropriate will be removed
- Submit image to social media
- If you do not wish to submit via social media, then email your submission to email@example.com and include FrankenArt in the subject line. All entries received after April 6th, 11:59PM PT, will not be included in the judging
Additional: We would love to see a time lapse of this if possible! Please note, including this will not affect your chances of winning, it is all just to show off your design!
Grand Prize for both categories:
- Art gets printed on a t-shirt and will be sold in the Xbox Gear Shop for charity*
- Winner's designs will be printed on a tee-shirt
- The design will be fitted to tee based on the screenshot submitted (not the actual screenshot)
- The design will not include players' gamertag or signature, but we will include it in the item description if the player is okay with it
- We reserve the right to change the title of artwork
- Grounded Hoodie from Xbox Gear Shop (x2 for Team Category)
- BURG.L T-shirt from Xbox Gear Shop (x2 for Team Category)
- Danger Dumpling Print (x2 for Team Category)
- Obsidian T-Shirt (x2 for Team Category)
- Punch-O Mug (x2 for Team Category)
- Single Entry Prize Value: $142.29 (w/out shipping)
- Team Entry Prize Value: $284.58 (w/out shipping)
- Total Value: $426.87 (excluding costs to create winner t-shirts)
*Sales of Grand Prize Tee will go towards a charity: TBD
Runner-ups who make it to the last day of judging:
- 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. ($44.99/per runner-up)
- BURG.L Shirt - ($19.99/per runner-up)
How to Submit your submission
Entries can be submitted via social media!
- On Twitter, use the tag #FrankenArtContest and tag @GroundedTheGame in your tweet
- On Facebook, use the tag #FrankenArtContest and tag GroundedTheGame in your post
- On Instagram, use the tag #FrankenArtContest and tag @Obsidian in your post
- If you do not wish to submit via social media, then email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include FrankenArt in the subject line. All entries received after April 6th, 11:59PM PT, will not be included in judging
- Submissions will be curated by the development team at Obsidian based on the contest requirements and design preference, with the voting starting during our weekly Casually Grounded Dev live streams via Twitter, and lasting a few days
- Join us during Casually Grounded to see which designs are being voted on during our March 30th, April 6th, and April 13th live streams at 1:00 PM PT / 4:00 PM ET over on twitch.tv/obsidian
- On April 23rd, a live voting event will take place. More details to come soon.
Terms and Conditions can be found here.
If you have any further questions, reach out to us on Discord, on social, or email us at email@example.com. That all said, good luck and have fun! We can’t wait to see all the Franken Art! Don’t forget the hashtag: #FrankenArtContest