The latest update is here for you all! ?
? Join Shyla, Obsidian's Social Media Manager, as she goes over some of the many changes made to the Pond and more that you'll notice with today's update. From changes to the Pond Lab, updates and changes made to combat, and even a few adjustments made to some building structures, this update is sure to improve the time you spend in the backyard!
For a full list of everything that went into today's update, you can view the full patch notes below:
Build 0.5.0.2752 New Features
- The Pond and Pond Lab have been revamped with additional puzzles, gameplay, and secrets to discover.
- New underwater caves to find and explore.
- New Pond Lab outposts.
- New Resources: Algae, Muscle Sprouts.
- New SCA.Bs to collect.
New Crafting Content
- Fin Flops+
- Diving Lantern+
- All smoothies now have a + version to unlock.
New Language Translations
- Russian, Polish, Korean, Chinese, and Brazilian Portuguese localization added.
Xbox and Windows Store Save System Revamp
- The save system for Xbox and Windows Store platforms has been refactored to be more robust and lightweight.
- New saves going forward should be more reliable when it comes to saving player data and properly uploading it to the cloud.
- The game will no longer need to do long cloud sync each time you boot it.
- Syncing between consoles should be more reliable. NOTE: This will require a one time save conversion step after logging in to convert any older saves to use the new system.
- Spear weapons can now be thrown in water.
Changes / Tuning
- The player can jump out of the water at any location instead of just the edges.
- The Koi Fish can eat creatures (and you!).
- 2 handed weapons now deal slightly more damage.
- Water Boatmen now flee at a slower speed and have less HP.
- Tadpoles flee at a slower speed.
- Adjusting Dazzling Riposte; now reduces enemy defense after perfect block instead of reducing enemy attack.
- Timing in between creature attacks is now random instead of it always being the same fixed amount of time.
- Stamina regen is now reduced while you're actively holding block.
- The blocked damage percentage is now based on weapon type instead of always being 75%.
- There is now a game option to display the distance over player nameplates to see how far they are.
- New caves to explore in the pond.
- The Koi can now push pond foliage out of its way.
- Juice Droplets despawn after 3 days, allowing new ones to drop out of the straws in case a spawned drop somehow got lost.
- Eelgrass now respawns over time.
- Holiday lights added to the house.
- Improved lighting in the Pond / Pond lab.
- Additional pond and pond lab set dressing.
- Some structures such as Foundations, Scaffolds, and Walls, now align to the ground from their corners instead of their center.
- Some other buildings such as the Jerky Rack, Zipline Anchor, and Dew Catcher, now sit on their legs instead of on their center point only.
- Tweaked the order of some buildings in the radial.
- The Squared Roof Corner will now block wall crenellations below it.
- The recipe for decoy bait has been adjusted.
- Audio improvements for drowning.
Bug Fixes - All Platforms
Top Community Issues
- Grid-snapping non-structural buildings on top of existing structures now work correctly.
- Underground blueprints can now be canceled, either by looking at them or with Cancel Nearby Blueprints in the Game Preview Debug menu.
- Fixed issue where dying in the depths would place your backpack at the starting spawn ravine.
- Clients will no longer experience twitchy movement when moving on large structures.
- Instances of "lame" were replaced or removed.
- Buildings can no longer be briefly placed on canceled buildings.
- Buildings can't be built on stuffed insects.
- Buildings can't be built on other players' unplaced buildings.
- Floating structures will stop bobbing if connected to solid ground.
- The player can no longer jump while gliding.
- Spike Strips can now be placed next to each other when snapped to a grid.
- Hedge berries will now float correctly inside the pond lab, should you somehow manage to get one there.
- Signs no longer flicker when they are being placed on walls.
- Signs can now be optionally snapped to the grid.
- Buoyant markers now float properly on the water's surface.
- Decoy Bait now properly behaves as a lure for both swimming and non-swimming creatures.
- Diving Bell Spider Chunks are now properly marked as a tier 2 material.
- Decoy Bait no longer causes non-swimming creatures to float in wacky ways.
- Fixed random crashes with Grass Plank Storage and Weed Log Storage buildings.
- Chair interaction not working for building or recycling has been fixed.
- Pond bubbles should pop before poking out of the surface.
- Koi collision better matches its animations to prevent the player from clipping into the model as much.
Ominent Practical Technologies
- [REDACTED] recipe added.
Thank you everyone for your continued support and reports, we appreciate them!
If you are experiencing an issue that is not listed on either the Trello board or in the Known Issues List, either email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Contact form located on our Support Site and include the following information:
- Platform: (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Microsoft Store, PC Steam).
- Multiplayer or Single Player Game. (If multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if you know this)
- Description of issue.
- Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.
Thank you again, and have fun out in the backyard!